In a Nutshell
- I was born in Basel, Switzerland to Italian immigrant parents.
- I met my wife on my first day as an international student in America.
- We are married and in our mid-30s, raising our four children in a small town in France near the border of Switzerland in a tri-lingual home.
- We are a single-earner household.
- We enjoy the tossed-salad of culture that we are, but anchor our identity in our Christian faith.
Financial freedom at 50 is the goal, this blog will journal the path towards it.
Personal Mission Statement
In order to not lose focus I thought it would be a good idea to put together a personal mission statement:
I want to honor God with my life by loving my wife well, by raising kids that are people lifters. I want to be a good steward of the resources that have been entrusted in me and be a caring friend and neighbor.
One of the main reasons why I have this blog is to keep myself accountable and to get into a habit of questioning the financial decisions I make. A good way of keeping accountability is to set goals and to periodically check the progress and adjust course. Here a list of the Yearly Financial Goals that I have set over the years.
… to be expanded at some point
Want to Know More?
Ask me a question in the comments or send me a message directly.